Weather For Sports Betting
Weather matters, it changes the outcomes of a wide range of weather sensitive global sports. We know it, astute sports desks know it, and the smartest betting syndicates also recognise it as a fact… though curiously few choose to drill down to our focussed level.
British Weather Services have supplied meteorological sporting outlooks and betting market information to some of the biggest names in the global sports arena for well over twenty years, meaning we can confidently claim to be the most informed sports meteorologists on the planet!
We cover all forms of weather impacted sports, including Cricket, NFL, AFL, College Football, Rugby League, Rugby Union… but Football (Soccer) remains king, with a special emphasis on the Outright, Asian Handicap and O/U 2.5 goal markets. Indeed, we’ve now compared and contrasted weather and results in over 19,000 football matches across the last 11 seasons, allowing us to provide the most comprehensive and accurate weather impact service available anywhere today. In addition to the three main football markets, we’ve also crunched the numbers on cards, penalties and even corners, meaning when it comes to the beautiful game we’ve got everything covered, as we have with most other weather-sensitive sports.
Based on the above we have two choices of service -:
1. Sports Desk Weather Service. This global service is designed for Sportsbook platform providers and bookmakers alike, providing venue specific forecasts and if required, the resultant market deviations – aimed very much at the shepherd, not the sheep!
2. Weather Impact Expectation Deviation Service (WIDE). Suitable for betting/trading syndicates and top-level individual bettors, seeking tangible and quantifiable edges. Our Excel outputs not only offer precise weather forecasts, but also predict resultant market impacts/outcomes.
- On average in any given season, circa 20 – 25% of matches will have significant enough weather to impact upon the match outcomes and therefore the betting markets.
- On average in any given season, circa 10% -12% of matches are impacted by in-play rain – and when that happens, guess what?!
- When rain falls within a game a number of the betting markets end up going the opposite way. But which markets rise exactly? Rain spices things up for sure… and then there is snow. Charlie Adams of Stoke FC, you are definitely not Robin Cousins!
- Windy matches can make for an increased number of corners, due to less control by players and goalkeepers punching/tipping the ball rather than catching it. But there is something else that happens which is far more fundamental!
- Hot and humid matches drain the brain and the body, slowing the pace of the game significantly…. though conversely, the term ‘hot heads’ comes into its own and… David Beckham take a bow!
- Different leagues react somewhat differently to the various weather elements experienced; for example, hot & humid weather in the English Premier League is far more impacting than it is in La Liga or Seria A.
- All of the above and the many other variables we have not disclosed here is why WIDE has in-built override columns, which allow our sports meteorologists to consider and react to individual match circumstances. In short, we know our stuff!
In the simplest of terms, WIDE for football (soccer), cricket, rugby union, rugby league and NFL can provide you with a significant edge. We update the files well ahead of time and also a few hours prior to matches, giving you the best possible outlook. View Example Report
With our extensive long-term experience across all weather impacted global sports, we are proud to be Europe’s premier supplier of sports betting weather. Now you too can share in our knowledge and expertise. Simply drop us a line, and we will be happy to discuss things further with you. When it comes to weather impact and betting, you can place your trust in us!