Weather For Sports Betting
Weather matters, it changes the outcomes of a wide range of weather sensitive global sports. We know it, astute bookmakers know it, and the smartest betting/trading syndicates also recognise it… though the mass market and the less informed tend not to – and that presents opportunities!
British Weather Services supply meteorological sporting outlooks and betting market information to some of the biggest names in the global sports gambling arena. We cover all forms of weather impacted sports, including cricket, football (soccer), NFL, AFL, college football, rugby league, rugby union, formula 1 GP, golf, horse racing advance goings. and so much more.
We have three choices of service to suit all needs:
1. Sports Trading Desk Weather Service. This service is particularly suitable for bookmakers, with a 100% global aspect. Traffic-light/colour coded in plain language, regularly updated and emailed straight to those who need to know within your organisation. View Example Report
2. Weather Impact Expectation Deviation Service (WIDE). Suitable for betting/trading syndicates and bookmakers alike, our Excel outputs not only offer precise weather forecasts, but go on to predict betting market likelihoods. You can list your own the matches in whatever sport, we simply fill in the blank spaces and the rest is clockwork!
In football (soccer) as our prime WIDE mover and shaker, over the most recent 10 year period we have number crunched around 17,000 matches across the 5 main European leagues, comparing and contrasting the outcomes of various betting markets such as goals, corners and cards with the actual weather experienced. In short we have near-perfected the relationship between weather and football (soccer). If you know the game you may well be aware of some of our more basic conclusions; however, it can be complex and there and absolutely no panaceas – but there ARE significant edges to be had.
- On average in any given season, circa 26% of matches will have significant enough weather to impact upon the match outcomes and therefore the betting markets.
- On average, circa 12% of matches are impacted by in-play rain – and when that happens, some 74% of the matches result in a greater number of goals being scored.
- When rain falls within a game penalty instances rise by almost 23% – and yellow/red cards by just over 21% on the average. Rain spices things up for sure!
- Windy matches make for a significantly increased number of corners, up by 28% on the average in the English Premier League for instance, due to less control by players and goalkeepers punching/tipping the ball rather than catching it.
- Hot and humid matches drain the brain and the body, slowing the pace of the game significantly and as a result lowering the number of goals and corners…. though conversely, yellow/red cards instances rise by around 18% (hot heads!)
- Different leagues react somewhat differently to the various weather elements experienced; for example hot weather in the English Premier League is far more impacting than it is in La Liga or Seria A.
- All of the above and the many other variables we have not disclosed is why WIDE has in-built override columns, which allow our sports meteorologists to consider and react to individual match circumstances.
In the simplest of terms, WIDE for football (soccer), cricket, rugby union, rugby league and NFL can provide you with a significant edge. We update the files a day ahead and a few hours prior to matches, giving you the best possible outlook. View Example Report
3. Individual Betting Service. A monthly subscription service for individual bettors looking for a valuable inside edge across the rang of sports For a set monthly subscription fee and on a month to month basis only, we will email you any weather orientated tips we think you may find applicable. Take them or leave them, all totally at your discretion, but get the sports meteorologists on YOUR side!
With our extensive long-term experience across all weather impacted global sports, we are proud to be Europe’s premier supplier of sports betting weather. Now you too can share in our knowledge and expertise. Simply drop us a line, and we will send you the details. Place your trust in us!